Our Teaching’s Distinguishing Feature—balancing theory and experiment
- Due to the rapid development of natural sciences, the Department has implemented continuous transformation and innovation in its curriculum arrangement, experimental equipment, and teaching facilities
- Physics is an experiment-based science, so the Department pays special attention to the teaching of experimental physics.
- In addition to our professional courses, we also work closely with the school to promote “internationalization”, such as the 4+1 Bachelor/Master’s program with Drexel University, and the 3+2 Bachelor/Master’s program at the State University of New York at Albany, as well as other exchange student programs which benefit students significantly in expanding their academic horizons.
- To encourage outstanding students to enter research fields as soon as possible, our Department cooperates with the school to apply for the Dual-degree of 4+1 Bachelor/Master’s programs.
- Recently, students have been encouraged to enroll in physics project research to put learning into practice. A project competition platform, the Ro, Chin-Sheng memorial scholarship, nourishes the students in monograph publishing.
- To encourage the development of research culture and broaden students’ horizons, the Department invites experts and scholars from around the world to give presentations and exchange their research experience. Teachers of the department are specialized in theory, physics, and material and photoelectric science fields. The three different research fields are all ready to support in teaching and research.
· In response to the development trends in science and technology, cooperating with the faculty, instructional resources and curriculum planning, the Department is further subdivided into the Physics and the Photonics and Materials Science Program.
- In response to the domestic and foreign development trends in science and technology, and with cooperate from the faculty, resources and curriculum planning, the Department is further subdivided into the Physics, the Optoelectronics, & the Materials Science Groups.
Splendid Academic Education
- Since 2006, the Department subdivided into the Physics and the Photonics & Materials Science Program. In the future, the graduates of this department will have more specific characteristics. The students in the physics group will have a better grasp of the basics and training of computational physics. Therefore, they are more in line with the needs of the computational analysis in academic research and industrial R&D. While students in the Photonics & Materials Science group will have specialties and experimental physics training in both photonics and materials science fields, which will greatly benefit their future development.
Diligent and Outstanding Teachers
- The Department’s existing full-time teachers mostly hold doctoral degrees from prominent universities at home and abroad, and some adjunct teachers are experts and scholars with rich experience in learning and practice.
- First-class Research Capabilities – Many teachers in the Department have won the Outstanding Research Award, the Class-A Research Award, and the Chung Yuan Christian University Outstanding Research Award, and all possess substantial professional research capabilities.
Professional Teaching and Advising
- A number of teachers have received the Teaching Excellence Award, the Excellent Mentor Award from the university, and the Teaching Excellence and Excellent Mentor Award from the College of Science. The teachers are great and have professional knowledge and a strong rapport with students.
- The classroom and laboratories have spacious spaces and first-class equipment.
- Teaching Laboratories: the basic physics laboratories currently include general physics laboratories, optical laboratories, quantum physics laboratories, optoelectronic laboratories, and electronics laboratories.
Research Rooms: a total of 14 research rooms, including:
(1) Theoretical Physics, (2) Magnetic and Nanophysics, (3) Optoelectronic Semiconductor, (4) Low Temperature, (5) Biomedical Photonics, (6) Crystal Growth, (7) Condensed Matter Physics, (8) Nanodevices and Mesoscopic physics, (9) Spin Physics, (10) Nanophotonics, (11) Optoelectronic Thin Film, (12) Molecular Beam Epitaxy, (13) Information Display and other research rooms, (14) Optoelectronic Materials and Components Laboratory.。
What Do You Study in Physics?
Physics is mainly concerned with exploring the secrets and laws regarding the formation of the universe and the composition of matter and looking for the mutual causality of a variety of natural force types, such as sound, light, heat, force, electricity, magnetism, and gravity. In addition to the compulsory core courses in physics (general physics, mechanics, electromagnetism, thermal physics, optics, and quantum physics), the Department also plans three courses of theory, materials, and Optoelectronics to enable its graduates to gain outstanding expertise.
The Splendid and Delighted Life in Chung Yuan Physics
- Laughing and lively, this is a nighttime activity greeting new arrivals in the Physics Department
A lively gathering of juniors and seniors
- There is no stopping in the University Physics Sport Competition
- A warm gathering for eating “tangyuan” and dumplings
- A lollipop romance love story
- The seniors send midnight snacks during nights before an exam
- Brilliant achievements of graduate school admission list
- The Vibrant Apple Cup Competition, a warm and touching tea party for graduates
- 65% of our graduates continue on to pursue Master’s or Doctoral degrees in related fields (physics, applied physics, astronomy, optoelectronics, materials, electronics, motors).
- What Are the Employment Opportunities for Physics Graduates? Due to the booming development of high-tech industries in recent years (especially semiconductor and optoelectronic), graduates of the Department can find suitable jobs in said industries. Some other occupations include academic research, computational physics, patents, space technology new material properties research, biophysics, primary and secondary school teachers, and different teaching positions. There are even more careers for physics people! Just waiting for you to discover! You are welcome to visit Chung Yuan Christian University. You can also get to know us more online.